82nd Airborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

82nd Airborne

Day of Defeat Source: Realism unit

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Regarding sm_parachute

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T. Jun

T. Jun

Regarding sm_parachute Empty
PostSubject: Regarding sm_parachute   Regarding sm_parachute I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:36 pm

I recommend setting sm_parachute_msgtype and sm_parachute_welcome to 0 in the SM configuration... Seeing the welcome message every time I join the server and every time I respawn is annoying and I'm sure that many people feel the same.

I would also recommend removing the mod altogether but I suppose that's up to Major Lewis. I understand that in order to emulate an actual Airborne Division we should have it enabled, but all it really does is cause unnecessary clutter and confuses people, especially when trying to set up barricades. Other than that it just doesn't make sense considering there are only a couple maps where using a parachute actually makes sense, and we never play those. The highest you can jump in Donner, the map we play most, is probably 10 feet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/doriol
S. Perish

S. Perish

Regarding sm_parachute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regarding sm_parachute   Regarding sm_parachute I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:52 am

I think I will remove the message as people have complained to me about it and I also find it annoying, im sure Lewis or any other member of the C-Staff will not mind me doing so. If they do then they can just let me know.
Back to top Go down

Regarding sm_parachute
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
82nd Airborne :: Technician's Office :: Tech Sergeant's Office-
Jump to: