82nd Airborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

82nd Airborne

Day of Defeat Source: Realism unit

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weapons play advice/information timeline.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ness

Weapons play advice/information timeline. Empty
PostSubject: Weapons play advice/information timeline.   Weapons play advice/information timeline. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 am

mmmm, Duck has requested I give you guys some advice on weapons play, in particular sniper class. (I led a comp clan for 4 yrs and while I do not realism, I know dod and I know the maps)

I will type/gather some information and put it together for those who wish to have a read and also hold a short session in your server for those who wish to participate.

This will include a range of things like nade placement and general game play advice.

Please let me know if you would like to participate and if there is anything you would like to go over specifically.

Back to top Go down
Ness

PostSubject: Re: Weapons play advice/information timeline.   Weapons play advice/information timeline. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:26 am

SNIPER CLASS:

PISTOL ROLL/QUICK SWITCH (Not something I do):
* The term pistol roll, refers to a player switching between the rifle and the pistol. - A common misconception is that this adds a speed boost for the player, while it actually does not. It is, however, important for you to have the pistol at the ready. Press 2 and then press Q to switch back to your rifle and so on. - Your sidearm is a good thing to have while using the sniper. It can ease up on the disadvantage of having to reload after every shot and having to walk slow and zoom in while aiming at something even if it is two feet ahead, because of course, you don't have the crossairs available when you aren't zooming in.

QUICK SCOPING (Also not something I do):
* Try and pre aim at your target before you scope, when you scope tap the right mouse and quickly hit forward and sprint. - If done right you will scope about 60 milli seconds faster (or so google just told me) I really have no idea sorry.

PATIENCE:
* Don't be reckless. - Take your time. Note: This does not mean, you should camp one spot for the entire map, because your speed will increase from camping, but none of the other skill areas will. It is important to keep moving and know the map well. As a new player you want to learn how to play the class as best as you can. Take your time, then gradually you can become faster when moving around.

CAMPING:
* Yes, camping that one spot and getting 10 kills in a row is fun - But as a sniper, camping can be bad. When you take out several enemies and do not move, enemy grenades, sniper and other gun fire will be focused on YOU. Keep moving and changing positions, this will keep the enemy guessing.

NO SCOPING:
* Oh baby.... Seriously one of my fave things to do in dod and truthfully only able to because of massive ammounts of practise (runing around random empty serverS attempting to shoot destructable items no scope) or playing games such as rainbow6 and Killing floor. - Some advise putting a dot on the middle of your screen (bluetack etc) for guidance.

RANDOM TIPS:
* Crouching and laying on the ground will help eliminate the 'sway' encountered while zoomed in. - Standing and firing is very difficult with this weapon, but if mastered is very good because it keeps you movable. - Don't crouch when trying to take out an enemy at a range. If you stop they can zero in on you faster than you can on them. Let them fire, and then take your shots.

* You have to be aware of your surroundings. - If an enemy can somehow flank you, you have to know it in order to live. The sounds you need to hear are weapon fire, footsteps. If you are camping a building, stay alert and listen for footsteps of an enemy that may be trying to flank you. Also, if you hear a weapon fire, try to find its location and take him out/avoid them.

* You have to have somewhere to fallback or shift to. - If you are somewhere where the enemy finds out where you are, well....you probably don't want to have to fight off men or subterfuge bullets just to get to your other spot.

* If your team is dominating the opposing force, you might want to be a little farther ahead than where you would be if your team was losing, as oppsed to if you were getting slaughtered and you would be near your spawn.

* Learn... your... maps. - I used to run around maps on my own and shoot at random things (plant pots etc) Not for aim, but to know the map itself. Join a empty server in free time and just cruise around, jump on things and explore ledges and nooks. See what fits you best, scope in and out to get a feel for it all.

* Observe other players and atleast try their weapons for a while. - Typical case of 'know your enemy'. Rate and range of fire, damage and the positions they may use.
Back to top Go down
DuckMan

PostSubject: Re: Weapons play advice/information timeline.   Weapons play advice/information timeline. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:18 am

Excellent analysis, Ness. Look forward to your consultation with the unit.
Capt. A. Duck [82nd AB]
Back to top Go down
D.George

PostSubject: Re: Weapons play advice/information timeline.   Weapons play advice/information timeline. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:26 am

Ahhh yes a perfect mix of basics and expertise fantastic post. If my weapon training gets approved i would love for you to be a trainer in the sniper feats.
Back to top Go down
Ness

PostSubject: Re: Weapons play advice/information timeline.   Weapons play advice/information timeline. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Ohh.... um /smiles.

Sure Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapons play advice/information timeline.   Weapons play advice/information timeline. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weapons play advice/information timeline.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
82nd Airborne :: The Barracks :: General Discussion-
Jump to: