82nd Airborne
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

82nd Airborne

Day of Defeat Source: Realism unit

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Ideas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaw

Shaw

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 pm

So I PM'd this to the Major but he's a very busy man so I'll just throw this out here for anyone interested.

I just wanted to put myself out there for everyone and see what I could do to better this unit. I like the way this unit is going and I want to be part of the process in getting this unit to even greater heights than the ones we've already achieved. I know I'm still a new member of the unit and everything, but I would definately like to help out in any way I can. Very Happy

Back in my old realism days I was the forum administrator and I would do certain things to make the unit communicate more over the forums rather than just in game. I like that were going to start setting up specific meeting and drill times but we need to have an area on the forums where people can check schedules and plan when they need to be on. If we have over 60 members then we should do whatever is possible to get as many of us on at the same time as possible. I just want to make the unit more close and its sad to see so many people on the roster and never see them play in game. So by making groups that can only see certain parts of the forum and keeping everyone connected might help the unit grow even more. This helped my old unit compete against other squads by having specific areas on the forums for them to plan tactics, talk smack, and have fun in private.

Its just an idea because having good out of game communication is just as important as in game communication.
Back to top Go down
D.George

Forum Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum Ideas   Forum Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:55 pm

As I said when we spoke first step is getting the members to check the forums period lol. Best way to do it when i was in the 1st rb was to have weekly check ins where everyone has to post "Rec. George checking in! it will force them to have to open it up and hopefully they will start using it more. But on a lighter note once organized im sure you will be a great attribute to the way the forums are run.
Back to top Go down

Forum Ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
82nd Airborne :: The Barracks :: General Discussion-
Jump to: